This week has been very monumental. 5 years ago this week I laid in a hospital bed receiving my last treatment for cancer, somewhere I never thought I'd be. But 5 years later I'm here! So much has happened and I have learned so many great lessons. My physical health has improved greatly, I have a wonderful husband, and I'm in school doing what I love everyday. I have so much in my life that I am grateful for. So as I hit this 5 year mark I look at where I have come in my life and couldn't be happier. 5 years officially puts me in remission!Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Grateful
This week has been very monumental. 5 years ago this week I laid in a hospital bed receiving my last treatment for cancer, somewhere I never thought I'd be. But 5 years later I'm here! So much has happened and I have learned so many great lessons. My physical health has improved greatly, I have a wonderful husband, and I'm in school doing what I love everyday. I have so much in my life that I am grateful for. So as I hit this 5 year mark I look at where I have come in my life and couldn't be happier. 5 years officially puts me in remission!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Yeah! I love this post. You have a perspective that everyone should have. Live life to the fullest because you never know how long you've got. I'm glad you made it and that we know you. Thanks again for this post Dani.
You Go GIRL!!! I remember when you first found out and you started through all of that yucky stuff but you have always had such a positive attitude about life and everything else. Proud of ya and WOOT WOOT on your 5 year mark that is awesome!! And you look fabulous!
Wooo hooo!!! This is a huge milestone!
Hurray for cancer-freeness. Here's to 80 more remission years.
YAY!!!! That is so great!! I am so happy for you! That is seriously the best feeling, and it is amazing that you have come so far! Really props to ya girl! Cause its not easy!! I hope you celebrate to the max!! :)
I have to admit I cried a little when I read this. This is huge Dani. I'm also so glad you made it and that you're part of our family! We love you.
I love these pictures, I need a copy. Stupid cop ruining our fun with the hospital gowns! That was a scary time, but you were so strong.I'm glad you made it.
Yay for you Dani! I'm certainly grateful that it is all behind you! You're amazing! :)
Post a Comment