Saturday, February 23, 2013

Hard Decisions

I love doing hair and anything that has to do with making people feel beautiful about themselves. It's on my mind daily. Lately though I have had a power struggle with myself in my mind. There have been so many little signs and things popping up that doing hair has become stressful, frustrating, and eye opening. I'm now understanding a little bit why. One of the biggest things that has crossed my mind many times lately is how much time it's taking me away from Mason. Having the stress of an audit and dealing with the tax part of it along with other nitty gritty details with the hair industry, has been a huge sign of what I need to do.
From now on I will no longer be doing hair in Massachusetts. I will do haircuts for free to keep up on my skills but that's it. I figure if people want to do trade or something, then I will accept that. No monies! It is such a hard choice for me and I've been in tears all night about it but I think that's because I know I have to do it. With thinking about this through the night I'm seeing all the signs my Heavenly Father has been giving me for the last little while. I'm scared about things financially because we really depend on the extra income as little as it may be. But at the same time I feel peace about it and know things will be fine. I'm really grateful for the promptings I have received. I know my family will really benefit from this!


- Dani, Lance, Mason

4 comments:

Laura said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Elyse and Steve said...

That must be hard! You will be blessed.

www.alifeandartinprogress.blogspot.com said...

I've learned that listening to those promptings has led to some awesome blessings...keep your eyes open in the darkness because there is light at the end of the tunnel...

Karen said...

As long as you still do my hair when your come visit, you can do whatever the he#$ you want! ;)