Thursday, July 16, 2009

Decisions...Decisions.....Decisions

I have had so many things I have wanted to blog about lately but just haven't gotten to them. There was Lance's Birthday, 4th of July and lots of other things but they have passed so we won't go there. The biggest reason why I am throwing this blog in here is because things have simply just been stressing me out. I haven't been able to just relax for a while and it drives Lance crazy! I'm always planning or stressing on what him or I have to do next. He has been very patient with me!

Our latest dilemma has been INSURANCE! It has caused more then one problem for us, but I think it has also given us answers to many decisions we have had to make. Let me explain. It all started with the adoption process getting started. In order to adopt you have to have proof of insurance that you can provide insurance for a child. That got me thinking about what we were going to do for insurance once the plan we currently have is up. I have been keeping my eye out for something that will work in our situation which isn't very much. There is one plan that we had about a year ago that covered accident and illness, we were able to have it for a total of a year. I was thinking OK so we will just get on that plan again and add the child to the plan. Well I had made a phone call about getting back on this plan but I found out that one of the questions on the paperwork for the insurance was, are you in the process of adoption? Well crap there goes that! If you are in the process you will be denied! There goes my option for insurance unless my husband tries to find a new job that pays what his current job pays with benefits. Not so easy right now. No insurance means no baby!

All these things just kept hitting us. When I had finished the phone call about the insurance I had a nervous breakdown because all Lance and I want are to be parents. I couldn't handle it so I took a minute to breakdown. I then picked myself up and pulled myself together. I just keeping thinking to myself why does everything in my life have to have so many loops and hoops and twists and turns. Never is there a nice paved road. Such is Life! Grin it and bair it. As I have been thinking about how on earth are we going to do this. Well I won't bore you with all the other info since you have the gist.

Lance and I have been thinking the last couple days that maybe we need to wait on the adoption. As hard as that is to swallow and accept it takes care of alot of the stresses I'm feeling which maybe a sign that our little baby isn't ready for us yet or that Lance and I just need more time. That's the conclusion we have come to and who knows maybe after we go talk to a caseworker we will feel differently. Things change.

There is good news in the insurance department. The state of Utah has a plan for people who are uninsurable. It can get costly but it's doable. So there is relief through this whole mess and it feels great! Now what am I going to have to worry about? Ahhh yes! Lance getting his Medical School applications in! I will always have something to worry about!

P.s. Sorry for the rambling but it feels really good to just write all this down and get it out of my brain and relax! Thanks for listening( or reading)!

7 comments:

Sammie said...

Dani,
I am so sorry, I totally sympathize with the why does this happen to me and what am I going to do now feeling. Unfortunately I think it is part of life. My mom tells me "sucks to be grown up and responsible doesn't it?" Don't worry it will all work out the way it is supposed to.....someday. love you guys and good luck
Sam

Karen said...

Dani,
You have been dealt several difficult hands in your life and I'm sorry about that. I know this, though. Timing is everything and the Lord's timetable almost never matches up with our own. I'm glad you allowed yourself a nervous breakdown. Sometimes that is exactly what a soul needs. Life has a way of working itself out so keep your chin up. Love you guys.

s. said...

Aunti Dani,
I understand your stresses. I am going through a stressfull time too, and one thing that keeps me going is keeping in touch with family and close friends. I know it is hard to get out of that feeling of being trapped in sadness. I Love you, and you can give me a call anytime you want!!
<3 Sarah

Jill said...

From what I understand the process of adoption is all about twist, turns and loop holes. Just think how patient you and Lance will be when you finally get that baby that's right for you.

I've been thinking a lot about health care lately because it's such a hot topic in politics these days. It is a shame that you guys can't go ahead with an adoption just because you can't get insurance. These are the kind of things that do need to be changed about our medical system. Insurance should be something affordable. If the new legislation passes, no insurance company will be able to deny you for previous conditions.

Hang there Dani, good things come to those who wait. Also, enjoy your life without kids as long as possible. Once they arrive, your life will never be the same!

Cami said...

I'm so glad you posted this. I've been wondering how things have been going, but didn't want to ask for fear of striking a raw nerve. I'm glad you've found at least some peace and resolution on the issue. Good luck with the med school app and everything!

Amanda said...

Danielle, i have missed you guys. It looks like you have been busy though.
You are one of the strongest people that I know, and you are such an example to me. I know you'll get everything you want some day. I bet you are sick of hearing that, but I know you will because you are such a good and strong person. hang in there. I hope to see you guys sometime soon.

Mike & Rebecca said...

thank you for helping to remind me of what really matters in life and how blessed we really are...even in our trials. love ya