Thursday, February 10, 2011

6 Months

 I can't believe we are here already. At the beginning of the adoption you feel like this point will never get here or that something terrible will happen. But it literally came in the blink of an eye. I feel like it was just yesterday that we were sitting at the hospital with Britt waiting for Mason to arrive, then taking him home from the hospital. They say your kids grow up fast and boy they weren't kidding! I can't even turn my back without Mason doing something new. I wish I could have a constant video camera on him to catch every expression that comes across his face, and every moment of progress. I now understand how people can say that their kids are THE CUTEST! I truly believe my kid is THE CUTEST! I can't get enough him. I sit here and think how on earth I could love or have any other child as amazing as him. People tell me it's possible but I will just have to wait to understand that one.
It's crazy to think on February 14th 2011, Mason will legally be ours. I feel like he has been that way all along and keep forgetting we still have things to finalize. So I don't know what to think of that day yet. It will be another amazing part of this whole process that I will only be able to understand when it happens. Evidently we got assigned the judge that Lances dad beat wrestling in high school. I hope he doesn't hold that against us! I will definitely be posting about that day and week for those who can't be with us for all the festivities. Sad Face!
Back to my little miracle. There are so many things I love about him, let me count the ways!
  1. His laughter: he laughs at the most random things on earth! I love that I'm able to act totally stupid and he thinks it's the best thing ever. He can also go from laughing to crying and back and forth like a light switch. He's contagious.
  2. His LOVE for Baby Einstein: don't mess with him when he's watching this! Sometimes I will go to snuggle and give him kisses and he looks at you in disgusts, turns back to his show and pushes you away while he watches.
  3. His noises: He has so many of these. My favorite is when he sucks in and does this high pitched squeal. I have no idea how he does it but you know he's excited when he starts pulling that one.
  4. His LOVE for his food: when you pull out the bottle he giggles and squeals in delight. Then when you strap him in his bouncer to give him his baby food he starts kicking, throwing the hands in the air and again squealing in delight.
  5. His sleeping: I got lucky with him! He is a really good sleeper! With the exception of a few nights here and there which is expected, he's a champ. He sleeps through the night and has 3 naps during the day sleeping about 7 hours all together. LOVE IT!
6. His joy when we say hello: he loves when we come home. He also loves it when we just pop
out of the room for a minute come back and say hello. He couldn't be more pleased when
we make a big deal of it. Theres nothing better when you have to leave him for the day and
you worry about the whole time. Then as soon as you walk in he is so sincerely happy! It's
the best part of the day.
7. His jabbering: when he goes to sleep he talks and sings to himself. It's my favorite when he
starts singing really load then just rolls over and goes to sleep.

But most of all I just love the total package! I could go on all day on what I love about him. I can't wait to see his big personality keep growing but I guess I won't have to wait for very long.

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

I haven't even met your little man yet, and I love him, too! I so wish we could be there for your special days in the next couple of weeks! I hope everything goes smoothly and beautifully for you guys! You deserve it!

Karen said...

I'm so glad you love being a mom Dani. You are fantastic at it and so is Lance. Except for he is a dad. And that Mason is about the cutest thing on Earth. I love him to pieces.

Also, we watched the movie of him laughing again this morning approximately 5323 times. My boys love it.

Jill said...

I agree. He is a very special little boy and SO stinking cute!

We love Mason! I can't wait for the 14th he'll be legally all of ours! Yeah!

Marsha said...

I can't think of a better day to make it official. Congratulations!